My journey from a small town to the big city... Not how I drove here, but how I GOT here. A rambling, mish mash of observations of the big differences, and sometimes the small ones, too, of living in two completely different places...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Writer's block already???

Every morning when I get up I start thinking about what I should blog about. I have three pieces of paper full of ideas and haven't had to resort to looking at them...until today. My other posts have just come to me, while I'm getting ready for work or during my morning drive. I usually have something posted by lunch time. Today I got nothin. Nada. Zip.

I don't want to write about random crap. That's what Facebook and Twitter are for, although I am not a Twitter person. What's the diff between that and your Facebook status, other than the length? Besides, as all of you know who read this, there is no way I can say anything in 140 characters or less! My sister, Mary, says that I am long winded. I like to think of it as being able to spew mass quantities of ideas in a single post. I'm not sure if that makes it sound better or not, but since I'm struggling with what to blog about today, I'm going to leave it. It takes up space and is somewhat humorous.

I knew at some point it would come to this. I just didn't think it would happen after only seven posts. I can always write about the weather or traffic, I guess. Or maybe our quest to find a new place to live. Or the loser neighbor. Maybe the dogs. See, those are some of the ideas I have written on those glaring in my face, c'mon use one of us, pieces of paper. None of them just seem right today.

I do know that I am slightly obsessed with blogging. I am constantly thinking of things to write about, putting sentences together in my head, questioning how they sound and wondering if they are funny. I like my posts to be funny although I realize that I am not much of comedian and sometimes may have to resort to serious topics. Nah, I really don't want to do serious topics. Not gonna do politics or world peace or the end of the world. No controversial subjects like illegal immigration or the legalization of marijuana. I want my blog to be a "place" where a person can kick back, relax, take a load off. Hey, maybe even enjoy a drink.

There's a cool feature on this blogging website, one that allows you to check your stats. Once I post a new blog, I am right there, hitting refresh. And refresh. And refresh. You can see how many page views you have, which I take to mean how many people are reading or have read a particular post. For instance, I have 105 page view for my first post "Do you think anyone will read it?" Awesome, right? I thought so, too, until I look at the rest of the posts and the numbers go down, dwindle, all the way to 23 for "What the fuh?" To me that means that possibly 105 people read my first post but only 23 deam my blog interesting enough to follow. What the heck? C'mon people! It gives you a little laugh, makes you smile. Keep reading already!

Another stat I like to look at is the timeline. It shows page views based on time. Right now, nobody, not one soul is reading my blog. The last time it was read was 10:00 am. You should see the spikes on the graph after I post! For about an hour, it's like looking at an EKG readout. You can also see who your audience is. I have an audience? It shows a map of the world. Countries that have visited your page are colored in green and also listed. And guess what? I've gone global! Somebody in Indonesia has read or is reading my blog. Hello to whomever you are!!

I have to give a special shout out to some peeps on the east coast. CeCe talked to her brother last night and he said that him and his girlfriend have been reading my blog. He's been a bit confused as to who the heck CeCe is. I'm guessing that there may be a few people who are. Man, I hope you have all figured it out by now. Thanks for reading, Skipper and Nancy!

So, I guess I managed to come up with something to write about after all. Take that writer's block! And stick it where the sun don't shine!

2 comments:

  1. i think your blog is cute , i'll read it everyday ! From a loyal follower in San Diego :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confused on how to comment as well,but wanted to say thanks for the shout out to the east coast! keep writing - love it
    nancy

    ReplyDelete